Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shark Tales


During his off season, I got the pleasure of seeing Jeff Samardzija at a few home games this past season. After having the season we had, it would have been nice to have a sure handed receiver like Jeff around, that's for sure. One thing that has been great is his daily blogs on his website: http://www.jeff-samardzija.com.

His latest piece talks about this past season and his take on things. As for someone that knows the team and the coaching staff and, more importantly, the ins and outs of college football; I'll take his word. Here's what Jeff had to say:

"What's going on everybody. Figured it was about time that I checked in again with another Blog. That and I was getting heat from my manager/full-time brother to fill you in on what has been going on and whats planned. First things first, the 2007 ND season has just wrapped up. Sure I'm hearing all the groaning about how this was the "worst ND team ever" and how people are jumping off the bandwagon. Heck our plumber told me he hasn't seen a worse ND team in 46 year, so it has to be true. I say take it easy everyone. I'm not a history guy, but I don't think ND has ever had that many true freshman and soph on the field at one time. The o-line, which is probably the most important spot on the field, had all first and second year players. I remember back in high school when I started as a true freshman...We were a super young team with mainly soph and junior players. My good friend was the QB and also a freshman. We were the first true freshman to ever start on varsity at Valpo High. With that being said, we got destroyed all season. The papers were all over us as the worst Valpo team ever, and why would a team start so many young guys? We heard it all. Well what happened our junior and senior years? We made it to the State and Semi-State finals. Go figure. So just hang in there ND fans, you'll be impressed with these guys soon enough..."


The Shark is gearing up for another season with the Cubs farm system. It won't be too long before we see Jeff pitching in Wrigley!

Go Cubs and Go Irish!

Note: Click on the title to see Jeff's entire blog entry

No comments:

Post a Comment