Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Worldwide Leader in BS



Poor, poor, Dana. I really feel sorry for you. Not only are you Mr. Ed's and John Kerry's love child, but a week long vacation from your hosting gig on ESPN's First Take, must be rough. So once again, ESPN dropped the ball on this one.

It took ESPN a little over a week to finally address this issue, since the parent company got flooded with a bunch of emails. These emails were not only from Notre Dame alums and fans, but from Christians! That's the whole issue here. Yes, she mentioned F#$% Notre Dame, but she said F@!* Jesus. She opened up a can of worms there.

This is not a Notre Dame or Catholic thing. Rather it's a Christianity thing. A follower of Jesus thing! ESPN and Jacobson failed to mention that in their sorry attempt at an apology:

Dana Jacobson, co-host of ESPN2's "First Take," is currently being disciplined for remarks made at a Jan. 11 celebrity roast for ESPN Radio personalities Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic.

Her characterizations of the Notre Dame football program, which have been criticized by a Catholic organization, were deemed "inappropriate" by the network, which issued the following statement from Jacobson:

"I am sorry. My remarks about Notre Dame were foolish and insensitive. I respect all religions and did not mean anything derogatory by my poorly chosen words. I also deeply regret the embarrassment I've caused ESPN and Mike and Mike.

"My actions at the roast were inappropriate and in no way represent who I am. I won't make excuses for my behavior, but I do hope I can be forgiven for such a poor lack of judgment."


ESPN is not the only one that missed the point on this too. South Bend Tribune columnist and Charlie Weis hater, Jeff Carroll talked about this Jacobson debacle and Catholicism. Yes, the Catholic Church didn't look at Jacobson's remarks lightly, but folks of Catholic faith are not the only ones that had an issue with this. Click on the title to get Carroll's article.

I don't think a slap on the wrist or sweeping it under the rug, like ESPN tried to do, is justifiable. Her comments were just as bad as Don Imus' when he called the Rutgers women's basketball team nappy headed ho's! It really didn't matter to me that she said F$%& Notre Dame, however, I have a real big problem when she said F#@& Jesus. That's totally uncalled for.

Just watch the video. http://www.phazeddl.com/search.php?q=Mike%20and%20Mike%20roast

You'll have to download it, but you can see that Ms. Jacobson meant what she said. I don't buy her or ESPN apology one bit!

Also, if you had a Christian call out a Jewish person like that, or a specifically a Notre Dame person say something like that, LORD Help us! It would be plastered all over the television 24/7! Bigotry, especially Catholic bigotry has been tolerated for so long. It's about time someone stood up for it.

People need to take responsibility for their actions. Ms. Jacobson needs to do more than bury her head in the sand and give a bogus apology. Plus I don't think a one week absence does this any justice. If Imus was fired, then so should Jacobson!

No comments:

Post a Comment